Okoboji Boat Works is excited to present the 3rd Annual Smooshing Tournament. We are thrilled to partner with EXIT Realty & Hope Rolls of Dickinson County. all proceeds will be donated to Hope Rolls. We encourage you to research Hope Rolls and see what they do for children in our community, it’s amazing!! Who doesn’t want to smoosh for a good cause!
Smoosh racing consists of teams of three people, all attached to a set of two 2 x 4’s. In head to head showdowns teams race approximately 50 yards down a straight course, turn around a pylon, and race back to the start. The goal is to work together as a team to complete the course as quickly as possible. Anything can happen, with excitement right up until the finish. Talk about a great winter team building activity.
The winning team will receive a Shake The Lake Gift Package and 2nd place will receive a Marina District gift card. Round up your friends, co-workers, teammates, or family and join us for a fun day of smoosh racing for a GREAT cause.
- All racers must be at least 18 years old.
- All racers must sign a liability release form prior to participating.
- Teams must have 3 racers in order to compete
- The race winner is the first team to go around the cone and back. The entire smoosh board must cross the finish line, not just the first person.
- The tournament format will be as follows: Each team will be randomly assigned to one of four groups of teams. Each group will compete in a round robin style pool, with each team racing all the other teams in the group. This guarantees your team will get to race at least 3 times. The winner of each bracket will face off in a randomly selected single elimination bracket.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- It’s helpful to have a team captain in the first spot on the boards to set the cadence, and to call out turn, start, stop, right, left, etc.
- Come early and use the 30 minute practice time which is allowed during the registration process.
- Show your team spirit with a team name, team colors/uniforms, etc. – just overall make it FUN!
Any questions may be directed to email@example.com.
WHEN: January 27th at 1:00pm-2:30pm
WHERE: Okoboji Boat Works Beach
CHECK-IN TIME: 12:30pm
RACE TIME: 1:00pm
COST: $21 per team
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org